Sunday, 10 November 2013

We do need some stinking badges...

Just happened to pick up some badges this week, one of them a particularly important one...


I've been after the two cloth badges for ages, but quite by chance both of these badges came available to me at the same time.

The 'Yorkshire' badge is a simple bit of tourist tat that I saw on sale in one of our seaside shops a few years ago but then couldn't find when I went back to buy it - I suddenly came across it again yesterday for just £2.99. It's an ideal fun addition to my Russian loadouts, in place of the usual Spetsnaz unit's 'district' badge.

The second cloth badge is the famous 'Green Man', a Celtic god (Cernunnos) who has become a popular character in  British mythology. I like the idea of a green leafy deity who has a strong association with pubs decorating my woodland camouflage!

Additionally, we have the most important badge for this time of year - and enamel Poppy Appeal badge. Every airsofter should have one of these on their person at the moment...


Sadly, my mum - who is now in a care home - is no longer able to join other veterans in selling poppies, a duty that she always loved. But she is attending the local Remembrance ceremony with the very kind assistance of her carers who have organised a group visit from the home.

And finally, not new badges but a couple of badges that I thought I had lost. I found this pair of cloth emblems - typically - while I was looking for something else! They are my 'Red Alliance' badges indicating my enthusiasm for Russian and Eastern Block airsoft loadouts...

No comments:

Post a Comment