GUNPLA Thumbnail

It's been a busy week juggling projects!

Variety is the Spice of Life? (So They Say...)

Honestly, I am trying to cut down the amount of projects I have on the go at the same time. The problem is that I also tidying up my man-cave and unfortunately I keep coming across half completed models that I had forgotten about, so I'm adding to the job list instead of clearing it! 😏

This is causing a slow down of my already tortoise-like progress on my main projects. But I guess it's all part of the reorganisation of my attic space and will - eventually - come right in the end.

Anyway, what's been going on this week?

Railway Modelling Woes!

A bit of a disappointment this week was that I had hoped to have finished off my N Gauge railway station model and get another - overdue - episode of Milgeekachoo out! But it wasn't to be.

As I reported in the latest workspace journal I had a big hiccup in my plans where the very last piece of my model failed spectacularly and I had to remake the platform fencing all over again. But I got it done...Hooray!

N Gauge Railway Station - Fence Complete

I also started assembling all the small accessory parts that will make up the cluttered back yard of my N Gauge gas station and convenience store...

N Gauge Gas Station - Back Yard Accessories

GUNPLA Completion... Finally!

Blimey this has taken some time and has been the principal victim of my having too much going one BUT I finally got my first GUNPLA model finished!

GUNPLA - HG RX-78-2 Revive Complete

 I still have the photo shots to take - and maybe a video - showing the various poses with teh different weapons that the model comes with. But, I'm so pleased to get what was supposed to be a 'quick project' done and dusted.

The upshot of this is that I am now dedicating Fridays to just doing my fun modelling projects like this. Dedicating a special day to these should make it even more fun and should get them finished faster! (In theory!) 😁

GASLANDS  Trials and Tribulations...

Talking about 'fun projects' I started these little Gaslands vehicle conversions because I thought they would be quick to do. But inevitably - because I didn't know what was involved wit working with metal - my first attempt has shown that these week Matchbox/Hotwheels conversion can be a bit trickier than they seem!

I won't go into too much detail as I have a post coming up which explains all, but suffice to say that working with the pot metal that these models are made out of was a major speed bump in the production process...

GASLANDS Model #1 - Cutting Through Bonnet

As I say, I haven't worked with metal before so I'm a bit clueless about what tools are best to use, particularly when sanding (grinding?) or cutting holes. I ended up do my usual and just trying out a few things until I found something that *seemed* to work. But, I'll have to look into the trick to working with this material if I intend to do more of these diecast projects.

Other Stuff Going On!

As mentioned, all this is going on whilst I am trying to reorganise all the junk stored in my attic man-cave and while I decide what to keep and what to throw away. I'm having to be brutal!

Life for me, in these days of my retirement, are a sort of regime of juggling jobs between housework for the wife, babysitting my daughters dog (which is very needy LOL), trying to do some hobby work AND sorting out the attic. I just say this so you know why - in particular - my video productions are so intermittent! 😐

Cookie Turning Her Back on Me! Sulk!
Above: Cookie being very unhappy if I try and do anything other than
keep her company and pat her! It's a hard life!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post