Hobbies Are Back! ...Well, Sort Of???
Return To The Attic Mancave!
In case you didn't know, I kinda alternate my activities depending on my wife, the school teacher. You see, when she is at work I don't really see her much as she spends a lot of her 'free time' marking and organising lessons. So this is when I have a LOT of free time to get on with my hobbies.
BUT... When it comes to school holidays we make the most of having time together and so my hobbies go into hibernation until she returns to work. The 6 week summer school holiday is a BIG break from my project work, from June to the start of September we spend a LOT of 'quality time' together!
'Winter Is Coming'!
Well, summer is officially over. The wife is back at work, so I ventured up to my attic mancave for the first time is ages.
First job, was to try and remember just what I was doing - project wise - way back in June. But even before I sorted through the part completed models and stuff I first had to TIDY UP as over the summer my attic room had (once again) reverted back into the house's storage room...
Yes, all that work I had done at the beginning of this year to clear a LOT of crap out of my mancave to make it useable had - to a small extent - reappeared in the form of boxes of random junk that we needed out of the way. Bummer.
Anyway, this si what I have been doing this week - fighting my way back to my dust covered workbench.
But, here we are, moderately clear of a lot of the clutter and able to pick out some of the stuff that I had been working on. I even made a modest start on a couple of jobs today.
BUT... There is always a But!
However, all systems are NOT go... Not yet. As a not so small family crisis has cropped up to hinder my winter plans.
Unfortunately, a relative has been diagnosed with the onset of throat cancer and must attend some pretty intense kemo theory over the next month. The good news is that the doctors are pretty confident that it has been caught early and there is a very real chance that the chemotherapy should be successful. Great news...
But (I told you)... This relative has an elderly dog that need looking after while he attends the daily outpatient treatment sessions. And who is the only person available (who is not working) that can do this?
Yep, me.
So, 'winter schedule' delayed... For another month anyway...
I will get the occasional evening to crack on with some hobby projects, but they will be the smaller ones. Still, I can't complain over this minor glitch when I think of what our relative will have to go through.



Post a Comment