7D2D New Base Defences Test

Trying something new in 7D2D - Building in the 'cheat' mode!

Using the Game's Creative Mode

I never seem to get my survival base exactly the way I want it, I always die before I can realise my planned design. It's very frustrating. 😏

One of my favourite locations in the Navezgane map is a particular house in Dierssville. I have based myself here several times but have never managed to complete my plans for the ultimate survival bunker before I am overcome by one of the mid-game stage hoards.

7 Days to Die - My New Base Design
Above: House No.2, Neighbourhood , North West Diersville. One of my favourite
base locations in the Navezgane map. And in this video you can see the improvements
I made to the basic building.

I've noticed - however - that several of the 7D2D vloggers use the game's 'Creative Mode' in order to design custom game scenarios for their videos or to show off particular base design pros and cons. So, I thought, why not have a go at 'house flipping' my favourite game building into the bunker of my dreams!

Location, Location, Location!

As I said, I have a particular liking for the small city of Diersville in the north-eastern sector of Navezgane. And withing that town I am enamoured with a townhouse in the north which have several floors and in mostly in tact. 

It's a very easy house to clear even in the early game and by default - without the need for too many embellishments - is easily defendable. You can actually get through the first few hoard nights without doing to much to the building,

Navazgane/Dierville Bunker Location
Above: 7D2D 'Navezgane' map showing my favourite town and building (marked
as a red rectangle) for bunkering down!

This is very handy because when you have a grand plan for your 'ultimate bunker' you need some time t put it together so need a base which is easily defendable while you construct your final 'castle'.

Using the Creative Mode I was able to speed up my bunker building to the point that I had my basic layout put together before I even got to the first hoard night!!!

The Proof is in The Pudding!

Having built the first irritation of my new bunker it was then time to try it out against the first 7 day zombie hoard!

While the construction of the extra defensive feature was done in the 'Creative Mode' and so - strictly speaking a kind of 'cheat' - I haven't gone over the top for the first 7 day hoard. I haven't made use of iron or steel for the 'cope cage', the bars are just cobblestone bars and the hatches, while metal, are doable for day 7 in the vanilla game.

The main raised gantry is concrete, but for Day 7 (and even day 14) could have just been cobblestone but then that would have been a faff to upgrade later. The only other 'cheat' was the application of so many torches, but this was for reasons of clarity while making a video recording.

Finally, all the kit I carry is stuff that I have found/looted during the course of the first 6 days - I've not gone mad and given myself a Level 6 AK or anything! And so... Game on! 😈

Conclusion

Well, thinks went reasonably well, but there were some problems. 

For a start, I totally overlooked that doing so much building and upgrading would accelerate the rate at which I levelled up! And this had a direct effect on the size of the 'Day 7' zombie hoard! A normal Day 7 hoard is usually just a handful of zombies and easily overcome, but at my enhanced game level I got a hoard which was more comparable with a day 21 or 28 hoard! 😬

This caught me by surprise and resulted in a hectic 10 minutes of frantic defending as the video shows.

7D2D New Base Defences Test
Above: Chaos at the first gate! In a normal game holding off a small early game hoard with just my spear and an iron hatch is relatively easy. But this accelerated hoard was relentless and was soon eating through the iron hatch. Worse was that y stamina couldn't keep up and I was quickly tiring using just the spear!

The use of the God Modes also seemed to have an unexpected effect on some of the items which seemed to be a bit glitchy. A prime example is with the use of the throwables I tried to use!

Despite the fact that I legitimately earned the Molotov's and pipe bombs I had through completing trader jobs and looting they just did not work properly!

Hilariously - as can be seen toward the end of the video - I nearly blew myself up when I tried to thow the pipe bombs only to have them flop down right in front of me!!! The Molatov's did throw OK but did not ignite for some reason....

7D2D New Base Defences Test
Above: 'OOOOH! SH*T!' A glitch in the 'God Mode' perhaps? But I couldn't seem
to get throwables to work properly!
😬😆

The final issue was that of stamina. At this early game stage I had only low stamina so was not in the ideal state to fight a large relentless hoard. I kept running out of stamina which is quite dangerous as it always runs out at the worst time!

This is why I relied so heavily on the basic primitive club. Luckily I had found the flaming shaft mod for it which made it a bit more useful, but in a normal game I would have usually used my favourite weapon - the spear - as my primary weapon.

I'll carry on this experiment and we shall see what the next hoard is like and whether it will completely break through my defences!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post