Cookie and Stevie in matching outfits!

Cookie and I have had a busy lead up to Christmas!


For a Change, Too Busy to Post!

When I go through a spell of not posting to the blog it's usually because there isn't much going on or because I have a health issue...Not this month though!

I've actually had so much going on that I haven't had a moment to myself to catch up!

There is actually too much to go in-depth about every little thing, so here's just a selection of pics and video clips which will give you a quick over-view of some of the shenanigans I've been doing over November and into the beginning of December!

Attic Refurb - Junk Pile

For starters, I've been trying my hardest to thin the piles of 'junk' out in my attic man-cave. A lot of it isn't actually junk but useful stuff which makes it hard to decide what has to go!

I've tried to push the clutter to one end of the attic so I can make a start at reorganising and refurbishing my work areas, starting with my model making workbench cum video area...

Video Workbench - Lighting

My new work and video area should hopefully making filming my projects a lot easier. Aside from making the overhead filming rig I had to do a major repair of my old desk. I'd forgotten just how old these cheap desks that I have were... They were a hair's breath from literally falling apart!!!

So LOTS going on up in the attic, and believe me when I say that working up there as teh winter weather begins to close in can be a bit chilly!

Out My Window - Snowy Morning

That said, clearing up the first of my work benches has allowed me to start production of projects again! YAY!

Just as well as I have - by now - accumulated a rather large collection of half-finished models and other jobs which have been gathering dust amongst the other clutter in the attic! I literally had to dust some of them off! 😂

First off I came across a project that - amazingly - was actually completely finished, but I must have set it aside just before doing the completion video (much of the footage of which I have now lost)!!! Why I didn't get this polished off before putting it away I do not know...

Anyway, I took some quick video of this GUNPLA kit - my Banidai HG RX-72-2 Gundam in 1/144 scale - showing some of it's accompanying accessories and weapons...

Bandai HG RX-72-2 Gundam Kit Completed #shorts

Another little project I started on - now I have the space to work on models again - is a little 3D printing job. I want to replace the body of my KATO N gauge electric shunter loco with a diesel model instead. 

The reason I'm doing this is simply because I want my model railway layout to be based on a fully diesel railroad, reflecting the use of diesel instead of electric trains in the more remote areas of Japan.

So, I started tinkering (in TinkerCAd) and tried to design a replacement body...

N Gauge 3D Diesel Shunter Body Design

Once printed - and assuming it fits correctly - this body model *should* (finger's crossed) snap onto my KATO 11-109 powered chassis to make a working shunter!

IN fact, I feature a more in-depth look at this project in my latest MILGEEKACHOO! video which I will post up on this blog next.

So, there you go - off we go again making models! :)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post