It's Not All Fun & Games, Hobbies Can Be Frustrating As Well!


DE10 Diesel Loco Work

Disappointingly, the fragile and small plastic accessories - the hand rails and couplings - on my KATO JNR DE10 loco have a habit of being knocked off very easily. So it's time to do a bit of repair work and add the loco number plates to the engine unit.

KATO N Gauge DE10 Loco JNR RED

I made a short video covering this work but in doing so I came across another issue concerning the couplers...

Now I've since posted up to a couple of Japanese N Gauge groups asking for advice on the couplings and whether there is either a part missing or if I have just put them back together incorrectly. So we shall have to wait and see (I'll do an update when I have firm information about this).

Feeling Blue, As I Don't Know What To Do...

The second little job I had to do this week was to work out in what order the lovely blue sleeper coaches I got from my brother attach to the loco unit...

Christmas Presents 2023 - Tomix N Gauge Japanese Sleeper Train

Well, the upshot is... I still don't know. 😆

I've been trawling around YouTube for Japanese train enthusiasts' (do they call them trainspotters in Japan?) videos of express sleeper trains which show the carriages and the order they are arranged. On the up side there are tonnes - the Japanese are really very obsessive about trains - but the down side is that each and every sleeper train I have seen had a totally different selection of carriages attached, and all in different orders! 😕

So, I am afraid the answer to my quest points firmly back to TOMIX - the manufacturer of my express sleeper carriages set - and whether I might possibly be able to get the original box set instructions (which includes the car arrangement) AND whether it's pictorial or in Japanese (more problems)!

The code for the set is TOMIX 92607 Express Type 25, so there is a slight chance if I can find the TOMIX contact email (you guessed it, their website is of course in Japanese) and contact them and hope their staff speak English they *might* send me a PDF of the instruction sheet...

To be continued...

Found Footage (Not Scary Witches)

Having found a lot of my missing N Gauge Railway station painting video clips I am now sorting them out and starting to put them into some sort of order again. Not sure if I have every stage in this project, I think - sadly - I only have a part of the original footage I shot. ☹️ 

Still, better than nothing! Here's a taster... A lot of this project was painted using the dry brushing technique, which is easier for my wobbly hand to deal with!

Warning: Corrupted! Recovered N Gauge Rural Japanese Railway Station - Painting Footage

So, currently I'm just finishing of my reconstruction of the painting video and hope to have it up soon. A bit of a shame but even if I use some of the dodgier clips (ones that I shot then decided weren't good enough to use or were slightly corrupted) that will be better than no video at all. 😟

It's all very pernickety stuff at the moment as you can see, but I have to get these jobs done before moving on to more interesting train projects!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post