A Very Minor Workbench Update


Early Morning Wood <Snigger>!

OK, jesting aside, I've *finally* completed all the fake N Gauge tree logs that I need to make for my log freight wagons! Phew! This was beginning to get a bit obsessional and I ended up with a little production line going...

This will provide all the various sizes of logs I need for my little fleet of timber wagons, but I will probably end up making more to stock my saw mill yard when I get around to building that model.

My workbench does look like a little train yard at the moment though...


As well as the logs I've just about finished making the flat car timber wagons to haul my loads of timber. Plus, my brother sent me an additional wagon - a TOMIX Open Wagon Type TORA 14500 - but I will remove the plastic logs from that and will make a load of finished planks (the end product from my - eventual - saw mill).

I( already have a couple of KATO TORA 145000 wagons so I can make up a rake of three plank carrying freight wagons to shuttle from my lumber yard to my main line! 😀

Additionally, in the background of the above photo, you van just make out some more rolling stock that my brother found on eBay for me. This consists of three oil tankers and nice like caboose. These were a bargain, apparently, because they are all in need of some repair. But that's fine with me.

On The Back Burner

Couple of interesting jobs waiting in the wings. First off I have printed out all the parts I need to make my prop Detective's Snub nosed revolver model. These parts need test fitting and cleaning up now prior to the usual sanding and painting...


And finally, this weeks little slice of my TAKOYAKI store model making is - of all things - a bike, which will be places outside the shop (presumably a staff members)! 😂

And that's all for this week...

Postscript: By the way, the date I give in the main title of Stardate 77948.3 is 'authentic' - this can be calculated using the calculator over on https://trekguide.com/Stardates.htm

Live long and prosper!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post