
Cancelled Video Project Revived in 2026
Another Victim Of My Tragic PC Hard Drive Failure
(Post intro image - above - an actual crashed Polish PLZ.23. A victim of the German invasion in 1939.)
To recap, early this year I had a major hard drive failure which wiped out a slew of video projects that I was working on at the time. For to my cutting corners - because of a very tight budget - I had not done the sensible thing that I used to do when I was working and invest in a second back-up drive system. This was a false economy and I only have myself to blame. 😡
Anyway, this led to my abandoning several hobby projects that I was documenting with video and one of these was my COBI PLZ.23 light bomber model (which I was hoping would be a interesting ‘time lapse’ build). Here’s an overview of the sorted kit parts…
Fast forward to now and because I am currently spending this month dog-sitting at a relative’s house each weekday for the coming month I thought this might be a good opportunity for me to resurrect this project and turn it into a ‘blog only’ build journal.
So, last night I got the build try out of a cupboard, dusted it off and today I will check that everything is there before I work out how to safely pack it up in order to transport it to my dog-sitting location (where I have permission to set it up on a dinning room table).
Above: A small piece of footage that is all that remains of my original video project. This shows an early stage in the build where I am putting together the lower fuselage of the bomber.
Obviously, after this - somewhat predictable - disaster I used up what saving I still had and bought an additional back-up hard drive AND began to theology my cloud based storage (which I hadn’t done before for video projects due to the slow broadband that I used to have - luckily we now have fibre broadband so saving large files is no longer the issue that it used to be).
Anyway, I’ll add some pic bellow of my setting to of this project, ready for me to restart the build and then I will continue to document my progress on this blog. With - hopefully - no further ‘accidents’! 😑



Post a Comment