JNR DE10 Locomotive

I finally score in an eBay auction! Foreshadowing! 😖

Update on my N Gauge Collection - May 2023

Modest expansion in my model railway collection. Being as I am on a very tight budget I can only buy a couple of items a month really, so this is slow going... BUT...

I was a BIT disappointed about the condition of the DE10 loco when I got it as it was marked 'a good runner' in the eBay description (I'm so trusting)! 😏

But, as well that ends well and the guy who did the reconditioning did a good job and I'm pleased with how it runs now. Obviously, the cost of the additional work bumped the overall cost up so it ended up about three-quarters of the price of a new model! ...You have to roll with the punches I guess.

I am, however, please with the second of my eBay haul though - the KAWAI  Semu 8000 three-wagon set is a nice little addition to my freight empire.

KAWAI N Gauge Semu 8000 Hopper Wagons

As I mention in the video, KAWAI is no longer trading. Apparently they were good quality model and they did a lot of Japanese freight rolling stock that the other model maker's didn't do so I don't know why they shut down (I *believe* TOMIX took over some of their catalogue though).

This leaves me in a conundrum, as if I want any more of these type of wagons I'll either have to find more of the original Kawai ones (which are quite rare now) or hope that either Kato or Tomix do their own versions.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post