GUNPLA - HG RX-78-2 Revive Complete

Beginning The Move From Traditional Kits to Easier Construction Projects.


Overlooked Win!

Life got a bit hectic at the backend of last year, so forgive me if I neglected to cover a nice little completion story.

I should explain that I didn't make a big thing about my finished my very first GUNPLA model because - very frustratingly - it seems that I had accidently deleted a lot of the project video footage while cleaning up my cluttered hard drives.... Ooooopsies! 😖

I'm usually quite organised regarding my video files but because I have started working a lot more with my laptop rather than trying to work on my main video editing PC I kinda got a bit mixed up and *thought* I had a copy of everything upstairs. I didn't.

Anyway, I managed to salvage a bit of the reveal footage  - luckily I had done a cutdown sequence for social media - so I have at least a bit of a record of the completion of my BANDAI HG (1/144) RX-72-2 GUNDAM model...

Bandai HG RX-72-2 Gundam Kit Completed #shorts

I'm very annoyed at myself for my stupidity but it is a bit of a first for me. Unfortunately, you now can't see the work that went into making this superb model.

I really can't say too much about the amazing design that went into this kit. I have a few still photos, but one of the most mind boggling aspects of these Gunpla models is there is absolutely no glue holding this complex kit together, just ingenious Japanese engineering!

My First GUNPLA Kit - WiP

GUNPLA Bandai HG-RX-78-2 Revive - WiP Session 2

And, thank goodness that I keep a small video diary of construction as I go along and save it to my FLICKR gallery, I also have a few small isolated clips of the project progress...

GUNPLA - HG RX-78-2 Revive - Arm Assembly

Gunpla Project #1 - Leg Complete

The Silver Lining - A New Type of Model Making!

The unique method of 'non-glue/non-painting' model making that Gunpla is an example of is a great new start for me. As my ability to make traditional types of plastic kits wanes this new avenue of model construction means I can still carry on my interest in model making even if my manual dexterity continues to become an issue.

As I mentioned in my 'Christmas Haul' post I am already enthusiastically jumping aboard the 'Easy Build' and 'Brick model' bandwagon as a means of reducing the stress that I was getting trying to to continue making conventional plastic kits like I used to. The change to chunkier component parts also helps as my increased clumsiness due to my weakened hand has meant that tiny parts are now just going straight to the infamous 'Carpet Monster' in every increasing numbers! 😆

So, this Gunpla is the first of a new line of hobbying for me. After all, hobbies are not suppose to ADD stress, they are supposed to help alleviate it.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post